Living The Good Life

enjoying all of God's best

Full width home advertisement

Faith

Success

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Photo by Andrea Piacquadio

The power of a goal cannot be emphasied enough. It is what pulls you to act the way you do and respond the way you should, whether consciously or unconsciously. Also, it's safe to say that when there's the goal is not your focus, life challenges can easily derail you. 

And one of these life challenges is 'holding on to hurt' or to things of the past. 

For instance, it could be that someone hurt you, whether at your workplace or in your marriage, and it was so painful because you think or felt they shouldn't have done so. And now, you have a heavy heart. It is now past 24 hours, and the hurst is still there, you forgot about what the bible says about not letting the sun go down on your anger. 

In situations like this, the appropriate way God expects you to react is with love. Show mercy to the person who hurt you. And it comes with poractice to develop the capacity to show mercy when someone hurst you, do things that are not nice to you or despicefully use you.  

I always reference what Paul;

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3: 13 - 14 (NIV)


The focus is on the goal. What is your goal? Focus on it. 


I like the way MSG translation puts it:

I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on THE GOAL, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.


As you set out your day, and as we are coming to the end of the year 2022, it's a good time to reflect on the goal you've set for yourself. What has been the biggest reason you shifted?

It might be tempting to look far away but it's also wise to look within and remember that faith works by love. 


Let go of whatever is holding you back today from achieving your goal.

Let go of the anger. Let go of the hurt. Let go of all the pain. And amazingly, let go of your past success. 

Selah. 


What I am reading:

- How To Be Very Hopeful And Walk In Faith

Faith Under Pressure - How To Survive


PS: Don't forget to sibscribe to start receiving uplifting word of God like this in your inbox every morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib