Living The Good Life

enjoying all of God's best

Full width home advertisement

Faith

Success

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

These Qualities Can Put You 10X Ahead In Life

 

1 Thessalonian 4:11 - And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you


Someone at a Christian Youth Camp Meeting asked me this question in 1998; “Where will you go when there is nowhere to go?”

Have you ever be in such a place where all hope seems lost and nothing looks like it’s working?

I have been there, and I know how it feels.

For instance, I started this blog when I was at my dead end and felt there’s nothing more to do. I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur because I thought I could contribute to the world at large.

So, I started Outbox TV, an online channel dedicated to African Startups and Entrepreneurs, after a freelancing with Aljazeera Plus for two years. Well, after two years running, we were not accomplishing what we set out to do, therefore was not making enough cash to sustain the business. We closed shop.

It was a very painful and critical moment in my life as I had great hopes of growing to become a media giant just like Netflix (hopefully).

In the midst of the pain, and after praying to God, I started this blog with a single mission – to help Christian startups and entrepreneurs become better by providing faith-based information and updates.

And that’s what I am sharing with you today.

Happy reading.


In life, there are qualities you must exhibit that will give you the advantage. Success in life is not accidental but it is as a result of a revealed means and principles.

I would like to share with you few of these qualities that you should cultivate in you if it not already there or if you already have them in you, nurture them.

+ Study to be quiet: We have so many people whose pride is in the knowledge of what they know. And they’re driven by the words – “knowledge is power”.

But, knowledge is power only when it is applied. If it remains dormant in you, you will just be a container and not a channel.

So, study to know and be humble enough with the superior knowledge that you’ve gotten as a result of your study and seek ways to apply the knowledge for the benefit of man.

+ Do your own business: I’m tempted to take this the entrepreneurial route but I will restrain myself, and just talk about it plainly. Have you seen people who are so busy with someone else matter? They’re never settled. They’re always on the lookout for the next gossip session.

You should learn how to mind your own business. And don’t tell me it is because they’ve nothing doing. If you have nothing to do; pick up the Bible and just read. By the time you’re done, God would have instructed you on what to do.

Stop being a busybody.

+ Work with your hands: It is amazing to know that the reason God wants us to work, is so that we may have to give to them that do not have. It is not even for your sake.

Whatever your hand finds to do that is good with God and good with a man, you should get your hands busy. It doesn’t matter where you are in your life; there is always something that you can do.

For me, it was starting this blog.

Now, it is important to note that you’re not developing or nurturing these qualities for yourself gain alone but so that you can be beneficial to them that are without.


I have a book on Amazon.com – The Little Black Book of Success. If you feel stuck in the rut and don’t know where to go or what to do, this book is for you. Buy using this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib